Covid-19 Testing at the CORES lab video link
Susan Tamowski, Director of the HSC Transgenic & Gene Targeting Mouse Core will be retiring effective April 1st, 2021. We would like to thank Susan for her 27 years of service with University of Utah and wish her well in retirement.
Kyle O’Connor, who previously worked with Susan in the core, and Crystal Davey will be Co-Directors of the Transgenic & Gene Mouse Targeting Core. Crystal also directs the Mutation and Generation Core and has worked closely with the Transgenic & Gene Targeting Mouse Core for the past 3 years to generate transgenic mouse models using CRISPR technology. Crystal will continue to interface with researchers and design genetic targeting strategies, while Kyle who is a skilled mouse embryo technician will implement these strategies.
NOTICE: THIS IS THE CURRENT STATE OF HSC CORES. DUE TO THE EVOLVING ISSUES WITH COVID-19 THINGS MAY CHANGE, PLEASE CHECK REGULARLY.
- Cores are currently operating to support research activity.
- There will be no 1:1 training due to staff limitations.
- If you have samples to drop off for processing please call the specific core to get instructions and arrange a time. (we want to minimize F2F contact).
- If you have scheduled appointment that you know you will not make please delete or notify the specific core. In some cases the core may prep unnecessarily for you. We would like to avoid this with limited staffing.
- Please pay attention to posted safety guidelines when using core equipment and decontaminate as instructed by the core. Some equipment is sensitive to cleaning and we want to minimize potential damage.